National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map Series
Where available, these maps are typically one of the best options hikers have for a map to bring along on the trail.
- Printed on tear-resistant, waterproof material.
- Folds into a convenient size for packing.
- Topographic data similiar to USGS quads.
- Updated with current trails and other features.
- Trails are easily identified by uses - hiking, biking, horseback riding, skiing.
- Many other points of interest are easily identified.
- Show the borders between public and private land for cross-country travel.
There aren't maps available in this series for all of the trails in WNC, but the line is expanding and covers a good portion of region. There are maps for the areas shown below. Click on a map below to be taken directly to the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation's online store where you can buy a map directly!
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (#229)
- Linville Gorge/Mount Mitchell (#779)
- Pisgah Ranger District (#780)
- French Broad and Nolichucy Rivers (#782)
- South Holston and Watauga Lakes (#783)
- Fontana & Hiwassee Lakes (#784)
- Nantahala & Cullasaja Gorges (#785)
To get one more quickly, visit one of Western NC's fine outdoor and map retailers. Click here to find one!